Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Mip

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkkleine

I have just received a minor in possesion of Alcohol, in South Bend Indianaalso i am 20 years of age. my I.C. No. is 7. 1-5-7-7. I was attending a football game there. Outside the stadium there are perhaps about 10,000 people or more tailgating. I was walking around past a party of about 30 kids or so and when they were getting tickets I also was given one. I did not have a beer. I was not given a breathalyzer nor arrested just given a ticket. I have had a prior MIP and fake ID charge in the state of Kansas. I have also called to find out what is going on or if i can get a copy of the police report but am told I must have legal representation how can i find out what is going to happen and is there any way i can fight this without gettting a lawyer for i can not afford one. My ticket charges me with posession of beer and being under 21. Also if i do fight it isnt it just the police officers word against mine, what are my options? also. I dont know what to do since i wasnt drinking i am guilty by association of walking past 10,000 people who are drinking? What control do i have over people i am walking past in a crowd? I have learned my lesson before and think it is an unjust representation to say for being it that area that i am guilty by association everywhere in a tailgate there is alcohol. thank you

:mad:

I'd be just as mad as you are. :mad: :mad:

Who said that you require the services of an attorney for representation? You should almost never require an attorney for the court system although it certainly is recommended and far more time/cost efficient than learning the process yourself. I'd get the information of the person and write down the response as to exactly why you need legal representation.

Do you have witnesses that you did not have a beer? This would be most helpful.

First, I'd obtain a copy of the police report.

At all times conduct yourself as a professional person so that you will be taken seriously and not like an irresponsible college kid trying to escape liability. If there were dozens of summonses handed out at in this parade of people you may have a very good defense as you state of being herded up with the group and then the handing out of summonses to the crowd. This happens frequently on the road, with police just ordering a stream of cars to pull over and handing out tickets for driving in the wrong lane, etc. I find that a discussion about bringing the press or the potential for hiring an attorney into the matter for civil purposes sometimes is helpful in getting the adverse party to drop frivolous or baseless charges when unwarranted. First get that report and then the decision becomes clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back