Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP What do I Dew??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carsomyr233

Hey all, I'm a student at the University of Texas at Austin. I was at a pretty big party last night, and had been drinking a bit. I wasn't really messed up or anything and could get along fine. After a while me and my buddies gotta take a piss and there's a really long line so we walk out of the party to go behind some bushes . Unfortunately, I brought my drink out of the party with me (what was I thinking?? gah! ) and right as I walked out two cops grabbed me by the arm and started asking me questions.

I was totally shocked and wasn't thinking very good, I handed em my drink and then they took me over to a bench and sat me down, administered a breathalizer, and then asked for ID etc. I cooperated as best as I could. Right when they came up to me they asked me if I had any ID and not thinking very clearly i made a pathetic attempt to lie and said "no i don't think so". This isn't really a big part of the story i guess, just trying to get the events clear in my head....they happend so fast! The long and short of it is that I got a ticket to appear in court on the 14th for Minor in Possession of AB. No remarks on the ticket (so I guess it wasn't a big deal i tried to lie)

The officer told me this is like a speeding ticket (I have gotten one before) .
I need some advice on what to do! How can I get this off my record and pay the least amount of fine?

Update: Spoke with legal counselor on campus. He told me I should talk to the prosecutor and get a "Deferred Disposition". I'll probably have to do some community service, but nothing will go on my record (there will still be some record of it at court but I won't have to say I have been convicted of anything). Yay, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back