Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP weed only circumstantial evidence

Wanna be lawyer

Jurisdiction
Michigan
A month or two ago I was in a parking lot with 2 friends. I was in passenger seat, one friend in driver seat, and one in back seat. I was the only juvenile in the car when a cop approached us in the parking lot we were at. She said she approached us because we looked suspicious being the only car parked in A PARKING LOT. She said she smelled pot and then gave us an ultimatum: let her search the car, or call in the K-9 units. We though either way was bad so we let her search. I had the marijuana under my seat covered up. Only around 1 gram. I admitted I was going to smoke it but I was under no influence. She did not read me my Miranda rights since I was informally taken into custody(being under 17) so she can't use that conversation against me. I have gone thru diversion and consent calendar, with 2 years in between each conviction. What chances do I have of beating this case if I say I did not know of it/ it was not mine?.(unable to control it)

Last edited:
A month or two ago I was in a parking lot with 2 friends. I was in passenger seat, one friend in driver seat, and one in back seat. I was the only juvenile in the car when a cop approached us in the parking lot we were at. She said she approached us because we looked suspicious being the only car parked in A PARKING LOT. She said she smelled pot and then gave us an ultimatum: let her search the car, or call in the K-9 units. We though either way was bad so we let her search. I had the marijuana under my seat covered up. Only around 1 gram. I admitted I was going to smoke it but I was under no influence. She did not read me my Miranda rights since I was informally taken into custody(being under 17) so she can't use that conversation against me. I have gone thru diversion and consent calendar, with 2 years in between each conviction. What chances do I have of beating this case if I say I did not know of it/ it was not mine?.(unable to control it)

Don't start explaining, or equivocating.

The state must prove your guilt.

You only need to STFU, and say nothing.

As far as what the officer says in court, let your lawyer worry about that.

You would be very stupid to try and deny what was found in the car.

If it wasn't your car, its very hard to prove it was your dope, or that you knew the dope was there.

Watch this video, it'll explain why you need only smile and always STFU, when the cops come asking:

Back