Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse MIP of alcohol and marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonstott

a friend and I were pulled over in clarkson county georgia for the tint of his windows. we were on our way to NC for a camping trip so his car was packed full of camping stuff. they gave him a warning, but asked if any illegal substances were in the car which my friend said no to. then asked if he could search the car. (dont no what my friend said to this). cop asked me to get out of the car (i was sitting shotgun). we told them where the marijuana was. i only had about 1.5 grams in my bag. friend had maybe 4 grams in the car. they cuffed us and continued to search. they opened the trunk and opened the ice chest which i thought only had food. the cop pulled out a bottle of jager. i didn't no if anything else was in there or if the bottle was even open. it was our friends ice chest we were driving down there with(they were in a diff. car). then they found two bongs (neither of which were mine). we got charged with MIP of alcohol and marijuana. they booked us and i spent the night in jail. (they never gave me a phone call after i was booked). only reason i got out is b/c friends dad called mine.

im pretty sure i can get out of the alcohol charge b/c i had no knowledge of it and neither of us could get to the ice chest and i wasn't driving and it wasn't my car. friend drives a scion tc so its impossoble to get to things in the back especially when it was full of camping gear.

as for the MIP of marijuana. like i said i only had ~1.5 grams in my bag and the rest was his.

what can i expect in terms of a fine? ill take community service over anything so i can get these charges off my record.

im 20 yrs old. full time student at georgia southern university and i have a part time job. this is also my first MIP of any kind. how bad is this?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back