Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP (michigan) false id to police

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike3840

About 2 weeks ago i recieved a ticket for disorderly (false id) and a mip. I was at a friends apt and i walked out with a corona in my hand. There was cop there and he asked my age. I said i was 21 then he asked if i had id i said that i didn't. Then he asked my "real" age and i said 19 so he cuffed me and arrested me andhad m sit in a cell for 2 hours then i wasreleased. Can i get out of the disorderly. I didn't show him any false id i just said i was 21. I don't think that's against the law. I went to court and the judge said i should plead not giulty on both charges so i did and i'm nowset upfor a court date in about a week.
respond if anyone has any insight thanx
brandon

If the judge gave you an insight about pleading "not guilty," that might be a pretty good indication of where your case is going. You might be able to get out of the disorderly conduct but it is best to obtain the code of the law that you violated. We don't know the state or the ordinance. If you didn't violate the law, you should indicate how the state did not prove all elements required to charge you with the violation. By pleading "not guilty," you may be able to escape since you have not admitted to violating any ordinance.

where i'm from

I'm from michigan and i don't know where i can get a copy of our laws and regualtions. I've looked all over and i can't find a good source. any help would be great thanx
brandon

The first thing that you might want to do is find out exactly what law you have been charged with violating. It should be on your summons or you should be able to get the cite of the statute from the police, e.g. MI Penal Law Section 4-107.56. Without it, location of the statute's text is very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back