Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phlipup

I arrived at a party at about eleven o'clock and no more than five minutes later the police showed up. I went to the party to find a friend to take home and had no intention to consume any alcohol or even stay at the party for more than five minutes. The police knocked on the door and asked for an adult, the person that answered the door was 19 but the officer said that he smelled alcohol on his breath so the police entered the house without permission and proceeded to search through cabinets and closets and every room in the house. I told the police that I had nothing to drink and had arrived at the party less than five minutes before they showed up to pick up a friend and make sure that he got home safely. They still issued me an MIP for just being in the house and had me call my parents to come and talk to them since I was under 17. I am confused about my options as far as how I should go about the court process. Could you please tell me what my options are and which one would suit me best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back