Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyoctane23

I was at a concert with my brother and his friends who are of age. Our driver was having some to drink and he was starting to have too much to drink. He spilled beer all over his shirt so he had to go buy a new one. We were walking and I didn't want him to be drinking anymore so I took the beer from him but as we were walking down the stairs, two officers from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission cited me for MIP. I have the ticket and it says that I have to contact the JP before a certain date. It doesn't have anything about a court date. Should I try to talk to the DA first and give him my story that I was in fact not posessing alcohol for the intent of consuming it but rather to dispose of it? What would most likely happen? Sould I contact an attorney first? Thanks a bunch!

How would I be able to view the police report? When the officer asked how old I was, it was as if I was a deer in the headlights and I said 21 when I was actually 20. I said I didn't have my ID but he said something about he has been doing this for years. I handed it over and and he wrote me a ticket for the MIP. He said that he wasn't going to cite me for lieing to a police officer. Is it likely that he will put that in the police report? When will the police report be available for me to see it? I didn't know it was illegal to claim you were 21 when asked at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back