Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunksteve

I'm 17 and was attending a New Years Eve party when the cops rang the doorbell. All of the doors were shut and we thought it was illegal for the police to come inside if the doors were closed. But they came in anyway and gave some people MIPs and others got nothing. I blew a .039 and got one. What is the consequences is Michigan and is the whole cops thing not being able to come inside a myth? Also is it true that this is somehow going to effect my driving insurance?
Thanks, Steve

For first time offender under Michigan law you have 1 year probation that including random drug/alcohol test , series of abuse treatment classes, requirement to see an probation officer each month for one year, court cost and fines . You have to pay everything even the probation fees . Rougly about 1200-1500 (ouch !) afetr one year your record will be clear . Nothing go against your driving record or auto ins.

Is there anywhere where that is actually written? Because I have heard of a $100 fine and like 6 months of probabtion. That sucks that it's that much and I hate to believe it. Thanks though, but if you could find me proof or something that would be great.

go into googles and type MIP law in michigan click on the first link . The punishments and costs depending on what county you're in . I've seen some counties are leaner than others . Hope you don't live in Oakland county . Good luck:D

But why is Oakland County the worst? There is obviously something that makes them stand out, just out of curiousity what is it?

Oakland county seem to collect more money than other counties and often give out the maximun sentences . Such as if you get caught in Troy or Rochester Hills they make you go thru at least 6 hrs of LEAP(abuse treatment class 1 day class) + attending one MADD session (2hrs) + 35-50 hrs community services + random drug test (eventhought you not caught doing drug) + random PBT test during holidays + see probation officer each month for 12 months ($50/each time) .

I know what you mean...

I have a question, and I guess Im just starting to really freak out...Tomorrow January 31st, 2006 at 1:30pm in Rochester Michigan I am going to court for a MIP. It is my first offense and Im scared out of my mind becaues I have no lawyer or parent attending with me. I dont have the money for the lawyer and I don't want my parents there. Anyways, I was in the hallway of my aptarment at Oakland University smoking a cigerette and a Residential Assisant of course came walking by, let me remind you before this incident and after I have never seen an RA walking around ever, plus it was a Sunday evening. I had a beer in my hands she asked how old I was and I said 21, I knew Id get caught cause she had to write me up for drinking in the hallway. So I went back into my apartment and about 20 minutes later the cops were there. I was given a breathalizer and blew 0.036 and admitted to drinking 3 beers. This happened in mid November and my court day is now 2 months later, but I do turn 21 February 28th so Im wondering if that will help? Also Since it is a first offense but I am an adult and not under 18 will that effect my case?? If anyone has any ideas for me please let me know or if your religious just keep me in your prayers tomorrow Thank You Heather
I think Im screwed living in oakland country:(

think positive I think the judge will go easy on you . You probably come in today for arraigment and will come back in the near future for the sentencing . Good luck .

Well update I did go to court and went into this office and talked with the prosecutor, I just admitted to the charge of MIP, I was charged 100 bucks next court date and then probation...Probo is Feb 14th so hopefully its not that long I guess its a max of 12 months and court is March 13th...But my question is when your on probo do they test of alcohol? and how does that all work...cause Im turning 21 on Feb 28th but Ive been told many times it doesnt matter...MY QUESTION is how long does alcohol stay in your system and if Im put on probo it may possible be for alcohol so that means if its for 12 months legally im not allowed to drink for 12 months???

First of all you're not out of the wood yet . You'll find later that more $$$$ you have to pay during your probation period ( such as court+cost fines, all those abuse treatment classes you have to take that you have to pay for them) they might call you for random drug test eventhough you didn't get caught with drugs (this cost you $40-50 each time and who know how many times they will call you ?) random breathelyze test during and around holidays (they let you know quite a head of time for this $5-10 for each blow) each month you have to see a probation officer ( usually $50/month for 12 months) . On the day you come back to court ask them to let you look thru the report and the recommendation b4 the judge see it to sentence you . this is your right look thru it remember everything they wrote down on that recommendation gonna cost you so when the judge sentence you could ask him/her drop some of the fines due to your financial because you're student need to save money for college . It' sucks but they got you . During your probation period be careful don't violate it bcuz the second time will be worsted .......

the next appointment feb 14 is called PSI at this time they will interview you then they will write a recommendation to the judge . you don't have to pay anything at this meeting .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back