Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in Michigan. How to reduce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGF_

I was at a work Christmas party the other evening and had a few beers (3). I had a designated driver who hadn't been drinking however her friend who was going to be driving home drank way too much to be driving so my ride was going to give her a ride. After waiting about an hour after the last beer we left the party (me driving) and my DD driving her friend home. Once her friend was home my DD was going to drive my vehicle back to her place. I was pulled over for a broken tailight about a 1/4 mile from the party and when later asked where I was coming from I told the truth, a party. The officer asked if I had anything to drink at the party and I told the truth, 3 beers. He administered a breathalizer and I was over the legal MIP age with a .03. I was fortunate enough to only receive a MIP instead of a DUI because in Michigan there is a zero tollerence law where .02 is concidered DUI for minors.

I was clearly a minor in possession however I would like to somehow get this off my soon to be record as a misdemeanor. I am in school working on an associates in business and planned to become a volinteer firefighter while working on my fire sciences degree upon completion of that. Unfortunately, a misdemeanor would make that extremely difficult. Without having to lie is it possible to get this reduced to something not a misdemeanor so I can continue to pursue fire fighting? This incident could mess up all my plans I had worked hard to keep on track if I am unable to do so. Please help as soon as possible, as I have to appear in court on 01/7/05.

Thanks for all help and comments,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back