Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisbeth

Hi. My roommate and I both received MIP's in Chico, CA over Labor Day Weekend. Neither of us were drunk, and my beer was half empty and her's was closed. We are confused as to what we should do when we arrive at court. My roommate is considering pleaing "no contest" and I have no idea what to do. I was wondering if we were going to be appointed lawyers or if we were just going before the judge. Also, what are common punishments in CA? We were reading up about people having their licenses restricted. Please help! :confused:

I'm unsure but have heard that pleading no contest with an adjudication of guilt withheld may be worthwhile. Essentially it will allow you to be put on a probationary period that, if you complete, the charges will be dismissed. It seems that there is pretty good evidence against you and such a plea may work for you and keep your record clean.

lisbeth said:
Hi. My roommate and I both received MIP's in Chico, CA over Labor Day Weekend. Neither of us were drunk, and my beer was half empty and her's was closed. We are confused as to what we should do when we arrive at court. My roommate is considering pleaing "no contest" and I have no idea what to do. I was wondering if we were going to be appointed lawyers or if we were just going before the judge. Also, what are common punishments in CA? We were reading up about people having their licenses restricted. Please help! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back