Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication mip help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin31

so me and my two friends went to the lake, and a park ranger pulled up there was beer cans on my tailgate and beer in the icechest. so my question is he never gave us a brethalizer test and he never actually saw us drinking we told him we had like 1 each, so he wrote us aa ticket for minor in possision. my girl friend was the sober driver so can i fight this in court cause we didnt get tested? also what would be my best plan for my court date? should i just claim guilty or not guilty and say i wasnt drinking and the beer wasnt mine? im not sure on how to handle this? i heard you can get a restricted licence any way to avoid this? thanks and hope you guys can be of some help.

kevin
kmb_1985@hotmail.com

I am in the same situation. A park ranger walked up and saw the beer cans, but
didn't actually see me drinking and I got a MIP - which he "forced me to sign"
He TOLD me I had to sign the ticket. Which I have witnesses to, my other friend
refused to sign it, so it just says at the bottom of his ticket "refused to sign"
Is he is worse trouble for not signing the ticket?
In Michigan do you lose your license for an MIP??? I was not driving when I got the
ticket and this will be my first offense! :mad:

Well I don't know the laws or consequences of your state in regards to a Mip. But for the county of Santa Clara, which is in northern California, an area which is generally known for being hard on MIP's, I pled guilty and received 1 year out of court probation, 1 years restricted license (restrictions depend on situation) and 300 dollars in fines. All in all, I would not expect to lose your license, though I would expect some kind of restriction. Also, unless you have a pretty strong case to prove your innocence, I would just plead guilty and hope that the judge goes easy on you. If you plead innocence and the case goes to court and you are ultimately found guilty, you are very likely to lose your license (assuming this is a consequence for an mip in your state).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back