Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

king55man

I've read alot of responses to MIP charges but am wondering essentially about charges in Virginia. I was with a family friend at a football game (I'm 17). He was having a couple beers prior to the game. he gave me one to put in my pocket when we were walking into the stadium, for him not me. At soem point along the walk he told me to throw it away supposedly, I never heard him. I thus walked right into the stadium with the beer. Two seconds after getting into the stadium a cop pulled me to the side to see what was in my pocket, and obviously it was the beer. I wasn't drinking. I got a MIP for something extremely stupid on my part, just plain forgetfullness. I am going to plead guilty to the charges of the MIP. I have never had any other charges brought against me not even a speeding ticket. My question is really what kind of charges am i facing in Virginia. From least to the normal to the maximum charges. Thanks
Anyone else who has had a similar experience please leave a response to this even if it was not in Virginia.
Thanks

You should have received information about the specific law that you are being charged. Listing it would help greatly. It may not be a good idea to plead guilty and perhaps you can work something out, especially since it is a first offense. Once you plead guilty any leverage you have is gone and then the court might not be able to have something worked out that is more lenient since you plead guilty. Just something to think about....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back