Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP at party

Status
Not open for further replies.

annonteen

I am 15 years old and I was at a party where people were drinking.

I had taken one shot of Bacardi 151 at approx. 9pm, as did one of my friends.

Police showed up at the party (around 1am) and gave us all PBTs. I told the officer that i had not been drinking and he gave me a PBT. I blew a .021 and he then said that he couldnt get that one to "zero out" so i was given another one where i blew a .023. He said that, that one wouldn't "zero out" either so they had another officer come in with another pbt. I was given the pbt and blew a .025. My friend that had the same amount as me and weighs approximatley the same as me blew a .000, and another teen that had a large amount of alcohol in his system blew a .000 (and told the officer that he had been drinking) as well on the PBT i blew a .025 on. Any ideas on what could have happened to change my results or if I can use this in court to show that the pbt was faulty?

Last edited:
I'm not sure that your friends admitting that there was underage drinking going on would help you, especially since then they would be admitting to underage drinking. You can challenge the low reading and question its accuracy and a decent attorney should know the various ways which this can be accomplished, e.g. when the mechanism was last tested/calibrated, etc. It's your unfortunate bad luck that your results were positive and there could be many factors, e.g. your friends metabolize their alcohol much more quickly than you do. Good luck with this.

Originally posted by annonteen
I am 15 years old and I was at a party where people were drinking.

I had taken one shot of Bacardi 151 at approx. 9pm, as did one of my friends.

Police showed up at the party (around 1am) and gave us all PBTs. I told the officer that i had not been drinking and he gave me a PBT. I blew a .021 and he then said that he couldnt get that one to "zero out" so i was given another one where i blew a .023. He said that, that one wouldn't "zero out" either so they had another officer come in with another pbt. I was given the pbt and blew a .025. My friend that had the same amount as me and weighs approximatley the same as me blew a .000, and another teen that had a large amount of alcohol in his system blew a .000 (and told the officer that he had been drinking) as well on the PBT i blew a .025 on. Any ideas on what could have happened to change my results or if I can use this in court to show that the pbt was faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back