Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP and assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie

This is kind of a long story, so please bear with me. My son is 17. He and some friends were drinking and ended up at our house (husabnd and I were out of town). The two other boys started picking on my son and some words were exchanged. He went to his room and locked the door. The one other kid started threatening him through the door and was pacing back and forth in the hall - saying he was going to kill him and beat him up, etc. This boy then started to jimmy the door to get in with a credit card. My son knew once he was in that he would be coming straight for him, so he grabbed the only thing he had in his room to defend himself - his 22 - which is NOT loaded, has no ammo in the house. Once this boy was in, he came straight for my son, so he hit him with the butt of the gun. At NO time was this gun pointed at the other boy. My son went out of the room and then went back down the hall to make sure this other boy was okay and ask them to leave. He then walked up the stairs to open the door and get the boy who wanted to fight him out and the other boy as well. This boy then attacked my son - holding him down on the steps and beating on him - he broke his nose pretty badly and my son also has strangulation marks on his neck from this other boy. My son said he lost his breath a few times before getting this boy off of him. He finally got them out of the house and locked the one door. He was then standing, bleeding, at the front door watching to make sure they left. When this boy saw him in the doorway, he got out of his car and tried getting back in the house, saying he was going to kill him. My son got the door locked. This kid kept trying to get in the house and wouldn't leave, so he called the 911. He told them that they were drinking and what basically happend. He said that this boy was driving out now, they asked for the description of the vehicle which he gave.

Now, here's my questions - the cops NEVER came to our house. The ambulance came and transported him to the ER. Isn't that odd? Plus, the sheriff finally showed up at the hospital, 20 mins after he was there, and questioned him without a parent there. He made my other son leave, who is 18. The cop was a jerk from what we are told, saying his shift was supposed to be over, etc. This other boy was NEVER picked up. So, now my son is supposedly getting an MIP (no blood work or breathalyazer was given) and possibly assault charges. So far, we've heard of no charges for this other boy.

What can we do? We're in North Dakota. I am so mad at this cop for not showing up at the house to make sure that this kid left and didn't come back, he hasn't been arrested or charged with anything, etc. He was questioned by an officer without a parent, etc. Is there anyway to make sure that my son isn't charged with something? His door handle is still locked even. I took pictures of that and the card used to open the door, which is still on the floor. The cop hasn't even been out here yet.

Sorry so long. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back