Minor mother adult father

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terriwooley

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My daughter is 16 and 8mo pregnant. The baby's father is over 18. He is telling my daughter that colorado is passing a law saying that a when one parent is of legal age and the other is a minor that the parent that is legal age (in this case ..him) thay are required to have custody. Is this correct? From what I can find this is incorrect and my daughter doesnt lose any of her rights based on her age

Is this correct?

NO.
Any unmarried male that is alleged to be (or claims to be) the father of a baby born OUT OF WEDLOCK has NO parental righst to the child.

The unmarried male must go to court, request a paternity test to prove his paternity, request a VISITATION order, and request a child support order be issued by the court.

The mother of ANY child born out of wedlock is automatically the SOLE custodian of the child with ALL parental authority vested in her.

I suggest you, as the mother of a juvenile who was allegedly IMPREGNATED by an adult male contact the police and report the alleged crime.

I'm sure your child won't be the last, nor is she the FIRST minor female this adult CHIMO has penetrated UNLAWFULLY and sexually ravished, to satiate his perverted, unnatural, illicit sexual desires!!!

NO.
Any unmarried male that is alleged to be (or claims to be) the father of a baby born OUT OF WEDLOCK has NO parental righst to the child.

The unmarried male must go to court, request a paternity test to prove his paternity, request a VISITATION order, and request a child support order be issued by the court.

The mother of ANY child born out of wedlock is automatically the SOLE custodian of the child with ALL parental authority vested in her.

I suggest you, as the mother of a juvenile who was allegedly IMPREGNATED by an adult male contact the police and report the alleged crime.

I'm sure your child won't be the last, nor is she the FIRST minor female this adult CHIMO has penetrated UNLAWFULLY and sexually ravished, to satiate his perverted, unnatural, illicit sexual desires!!!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, police in Colorado won't do a thing about it. Colorado has a statutory rape exemption for minors who are between 15 and 17 and have sex with somebody within 10 years of their age per Colorado criminal code 18-3-402(e):

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-3-402 | FindLaw

More's the pity. The predator should be locked away and branded a sex offender.

Unfortunately, police in Colorado won't do a thing about it. Colorado has a statutory rape exemption for minors who are between 15 and 17 and have sex with somebody within 10 years of their age per Colorado criminal code 18-3-402(e):

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-3-402 | FindLaw

More's the pity. The predator should be locked away and branded a sex offender.

The authorities MIGHT not do anything, but a responsible parent could certainly file a complaint.

Plus, we don't know if the juvenile female was the victim of Dr. Huxtable shenanigans, a violent sexual assault, or some other sort of sexual crime.

That is why a report should be made to the police, who would investigate the matter.

Many female rape victims are reluctant to report a sexual assault against their person because most males and many females tend to assume things, rather than investigate things.

Despite what laws might say, a 15 year old sexually active male or female, much less a 15 year old female who is pregnant should receive some sort of counseling or therapy.

Too many lives of children get ruined because adults do inappropriate things to them that governments legalize.

My daughter is 16 and 8mo pregnant. The baby's father is over 18. He is telling my daughter that colorado is passing a law saying that a when one parent is of legal age and the other is a minor that the parent that is legal age (in this case ..him) thay are required to have custody. Is this correct? From what I can find this is incorrect and my daughter doesnt lose any of her rights based on her age

No way. Even IF they were proposing a bill - a bill isn't law. So he's still wrong no matter what he thinks.

How much over 18 is he? I would have called the cops if I was you and reported him for statutory rape. SHE gets all the rights to that baby when born. He gets none until he establishes his paternity.

I would file a report no matter what the law says. Maybe that gets him to think twice about having sex with underage girls.

First off I want to bring to light that NOT every situation like this is rape. The fact that many didnt even ask if the two in question were actually a couple or any questions at all and then went straight into RAPE shows a lack of intelligence on answering the question at hand. As for answering your actual question, in most states any unwed potential fathers have no rights at all unless their names are on the birth certificate. In many cases if not that he can file to be placed on it to which most courts will follow through with a DNA or Paternity test to establish he is in fact the biological father. From there they establish if the couple is together or not and if child support and visitations are in order. NOW if in fact the mother to be was not in any relationship with this potential father then I would in fact talk to your daughter and then go from there on whether charges should be placed against the potential fathers. PLEASE do not use this as a way to destroy someone who has been in a relationship with your child that you allowed to be in a relationship with your daughter, as a way you end someone else's future. Far to many women are using horrible tactics to destroy good men for no reason other than money and the fact that many say they can and should. When in fact if your daughter was with this person in a relationship and you knew and consented to that relationship, if that be the case. I fully believe if a parent knows that their child is in a relationship with someone over the legal age and consents to it any chances of pregnancy then is also their responsibility! Dont point fingers at the male in this case just because now your child didnt do things responsibly and you allowed the relationship to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back