Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Minor In Possesion of Alcohol in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zvernal

Hey Guys I am 19. On New Years Eve in Saratoga, California I got busted in the parking lot of Safeway for having alcohol in my trunk. What happened is an undercover cop was sitting in the far corner of this parking lot and they watched a guy with a shopping cart full of bags come out, and help me load them into my car (the bags contained beer and booze). As soon as I closed me trunk, and the guy who bought the booze and I separated, and unmarked car came out and ordered me to stop. They got out and showed their badges and what not. The cop asked me what I put in the trunk and I didn't bull shit him. I admitted there was alcohol in my trunk. To make a long story short they wrote me a ticket for minor in possession of alcoholic beverages. The guy told me I would lose me license and probably have fines and community service. I can live with the fines and doing some community service, but the losing the license would hurt badly. I am a full time college student, and also work 18 hours a week, both of which I need a car to get to and from.

I was not under the influence, and there were no open containers, it was all in my trunk.

Take into consideration I have never been in trouble for anything. Never had a ticket up to this point.

I am wondering if anyone has previous experiences with this offense and can give me advice. What I should expect as far as sentencing, whether or not I should plead guilty, not guilty or no contest. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back