Minor charged with Truancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

balikun

Last year I did not attend school for over 60 days due to my mother trying to put me into home schooling but never did, there for I was charged since I am the minor and she did not want to get in trouble for it. I have had many court hearings set and passed each one. I am turning 18 on November 5th but I have an updated court hearing on Oct. 10 to check up on how I have been to see what the next step will be. All they asked for was my grade card.

This year I have skipped 4 days of school and skipped many class periods(Explain: I am on medical leave and since i cant afford to go to the doctors I just skip some classes so i don't have to skip the entire school day) My grades are bad and the skipping doesn't help ither.. but i was wondering if I do get on probation does anyone know for how long? Or once i turn 18 what happens? Can i move out or do i get off? Or am i on till i am 21 or graduated..

I was also going to get a PD(Public Defender) to lower down the charges.. but i am not sure on what to tell him so he would be able to help me out.

On November 5th you can quit school. Your self imposed medical leave will not assist you with the charges you currently face.

Medical leave as in if i dont attend school for that day i need to have a doctors note for that day.. not saying i skip school because i am allowed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back