Minor accused of stealing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica

I am 15 and I was accused of stealing stuff worth about $12.

The LP took down my information an my mom came and got me. I'm banned for a year and I have to pay the civil demand. There was no damage done to the earrings and I was very cooperative. And also the police were not involved. I wanted to know how much te civil demand might be and if this will affect getting jobs or schooling an if it will go on my permanent record? I know what I did was wrong and stupid and I just want to know what us going to happen now. Thanks.
And sorry if this is in the wrong category.

Always protect your privacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't blab about any of this.
Don't EVER do this again.
Talk this over with mom and dad. Follow their advice.
Stay away from the ALLEGED scene of the occurrence.

This could come back to haunt you, usually as a minor, if you don't ever get involved in this stuff again, it won't follow you into adulthood.
But, don't ever break any laws and you won't have to stress over punishment.

Last edited:
It's hard to say what the civil demand might be but "probably" between $50.00 & $500.00. As army judge noted, don't do this again. Was it really worth it for $12.00 earrings?

Civil Demand can vary but if I had to guess (I am a retail theft professional) it will be between $50.00 and $!00.00 This fine will go to your parents not you and failure to pay can bring forth serious long term consequences for you and your parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back