Minor Accident when backing up from driveway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanelita

I had an accident when backing up from my driveway, hit a chevy with a minor dent. The Chevy just drove up from the body shop and was not having Plates, and I believe Not carrying insurance. The driver immediately called up police while notifying his associates at the body shop down the block to come screw the number plates on. When police arrived, they made a report, and told me to call up the precinct for the report.

Next I find out that a minor dent cost Geico 3,500/= which raised my premium by 350 Dollars, cause of my fault. Now knowing that the car had no insurance, and probably some unknown registration, is it ok to drive around without plates, insurance and registration ?? I am really upset that a body shop personnel could have cooked up a 3,500 dollar charge which in my opinion should have cost less than a 1000. This is really absurd and I pay the price. I admit it is my fault but this is cheating. I even sent a picture of the car to Geico, but they just went ahead and paid.

What can I do to recover from this absurdity.

Let me know, anyone

Sorry about your problem, but Geico can pay whatever they deem to be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back