Mineral Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenEcklund

My neighbor has owned his property for ten years,And now a gas company wants him to lease his property for a gas well.
The problem is his contract from the property when he bought it doesn't state that he has any mineral rights.

Is there any stipulation in Tx. where he would be entitled to his minerals after so many years,because the company that contacted him came to me also.
I had the same problem,but the company researched our land title,somehow we have 100%, and he has 50%,or none.
This company will not research his title without A signed lease agreement,after doing mine without one.

What is the best way to proceed?
Steve

Steve, you and your neighbor need to consult an attorney before you sign anything. These leases have long term consequences and you can bet their lease is all in their favor. A public forum cannot answer your question.

StevenEcklund said:
My neighbor has owned his property for ten years,And now a gas company wants him to lease his property for a gas well.
The problem is his contract from the property when he bought it doesn't state that he has any mineral rights.

Is there any stipulation in Tx. where he would be entitled to his minerals after so many years,because the company that contacted him came to me also.
I had the same problem,but the company researched our land title,somehow we have 100%, and he has 50%,or none.
This company will not research his title without A signed lease agreement,after doing mine without one.

What is the best way to proceed?
Steve
I agree with lwpat. Especially with land usage issues, wording in the contract means a tremendous amount and it could come down to what is written into your deed and the difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back