Naturalization, Citizenship MILITARY NATURALIZATION (MAVNI)

S

Site

Jurisdiction
D.C.
I am an F1 student enlisted through the United States Army's Military Accession Vital to National Interests (MAVNI) program like many other people.

The MAVNI program allows non-citizens, legal immigrants and DACA members, who fluently speak one of the several critical languages to serve this great country and give them a path to citizenship in exchange for the time in service in the Army.

Though I have not been to Initial entry training yet, I have been drilling with my unit and participating in couple training for about 8 months now. This is due to delays in shipping date of indefinite duration of time that only the USAREC could handle.

My commander at my unit has been asking me if I could apply for citizenship under INA 329 but I was not sure if that applies to me so I would like to ask for guidance here if possible.

My commander at my unit has been asking me if I could apply for citizenship under INA 329 but I was not sure if that applies to me so I would like to ask for guidance here if possible.

Your commander is uninformed.

He/she is ending you on a fool's errand.
I suggest you ask permission to contact the nearest JAG Office.

Or, contact these nice people, who know everything about immigration:
www.uscis.gov

One more question if you don't mind. Since I am in DTP ( delayed training program). What would qualify in general as honorable service in the Army Reserve.
In other words, will the time spent in drilling count as nothing whatsoever?. Thank you again Sir.

One more question if you don't mind. Since I am in DTP ( delayed training program). What would qualify in general as honorable service in the Army Reserve.
In other words, will the time spent in drilling count as nothing whatsoever?. Thank you again Sir.

Yes, a day in reserve status, or on active duty are treated equally towards accumulated service time.

Honorable service is a determination made upon your discharge or retirement from active or reserve service.

As long as you are doing what you are assigned to do, your service is honorable.

Back