Migration to new servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
You'll all be glad to know that we will be migrating the site to very fast new server. It will take me some time to do this and it should be performed late at night, probably around 12pm -5AM EST. I'm not sure of the exact evening/morning that this will take place but it will also coincide with some period of time where the information about the new server will "propagate". As a result, you may need to login again if you've saved your password - not a big deal. You may also experience a few hours of being redirected to the new site but that is also minor. This new setup is MUCH easier to manage and should also be super quick.

Thanks again so much everyone for your patience and support! :)

We'll be right here with you, Professor.

Forward to a better forum, charge!!!

Thank you for the information - sounds great!

The new server should be ready some time this evening and I will begin the migration of data probably somewhere in the vicinity of 2 to 3 AM EST. If you don't seem to reach the new site, it may take time for it to resolve but you should be redirected to the new site. Without a doubt, the speed increase will be significant, even though the site is already quite speedy.

In case you want to make sure that you can always reach updated locations of where a web server can be found, you can "refresh" your computer by going the following in Windows:

Go to Start and type: ipconfig /flushdns

You can do this in any command line prompt as well. This will prompt your computer to retrieve the current location of a web server on the Internet and update your list to find a server that has moved. I look forward to having some great new improvements now that this large issue will be settled.

Thanks again for the info so we know what is going on - sounds fine/great.

It's happening later this afternoon, just letting you know. You might not see much of any interruption but, just in case, always best to time it for a beautiful weekend evening during the summer when many are outside and enjoying the weather. Have a great weekend everyone. Can't wait to get this done. It has been a lot of effort and it will certainly make so much easier going forward.

Thanks for letting us know. You have a great weekend also & everyone else on the forum.

Thanks for all your effort toward the changes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back