Mersa knee infection during surgey

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary vick

Jurisdiction
Colorado
A knee scope surgery was done on my right knee in 2008 & I contracted a Staph infection / Mersa infection. Day after scope was done I could not get out of bed. Could not walk. Had to scoot on floor in pain to get phone. My mom came from New Mexico & had to take me to Vail, CO. for care. I was out of it because of meds given. Dr. R. Cunningham who did my scope at Leadville, CO St. Vincent hospital where I worked did work on my knee in Vail to flush infection. I was very very sick. The infectious disease doctor had to give me 4 months of a few different IV antibiotic before I got better. Now me knee is in a lot of pain the last few years & my leg is deformed. Cannot walk correctly & some days I can barely walk at all. I'm wondering what legal action I can take NOW. I am a widow now & trying to work part time to survive. Please let me know if I am still able to successfully file a case against doctor & hospital! I need help, please!!

I believe too much time has passed. At quick glance it appears you had two years to make a claim.
I highly doubt you will be able to connect anything that happened in 2008 to your situation now.
Also, just because things did not go perfectly does not mean you have a malpractice situation. As you describe it here I don't see that you would have had a strong case anyway.

A knee scope surgery was done on my right knee in 2008 & I contracted a Staph infection / Mersa infection. Day after scope was done I could not get out of bed. Could not walk. Had to scoot on floor in pain to get phone. My mom came from New Mexico & had to take me to Vail, CO. for care. I was out of it because of meds given. Dr. R. Cunningham who did my scope at Leadville, CO St. Vincent hospital where I worked did work on my knee in Vail to flush infection. I was very very sick. The infectious disease doctor had to give me 4 months of a few different IV antibiotic before I got better. Now me knee is in a lot of pain the last few years & my leg is deformed. Cannot walk correctly & some days I can barely walk at all. I'm wondering what legal action I can take NOW. I am a widow now & trying to work part time to survive. Please let me know if I am still able to successfully file a case against doctor & hospital! I need help, please!!

Getting an infection is a risk for any surgery. I'm pretty sure they tell you that before you go in and MRSA is pretty common in hospitals. I understand MRSA sucks. I got it while I was deployed and didn't know until I came home no R&R and luckily got it caught by the VA hospital I went to. But there doesn't seem to be any malpractice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back