Merchants Acceptance Kirby Vacuum

SamanthaD

Jurisdiction
Idaho
Regarding Kirby Vacuum:

I've always been hardworking and pay my bills. I moved to Idaho in August. I was in the position of getting a teaching job. I'm a veteran teacher. However, I didn't realize teaching jobs here were few & far between. Being a veteran has gone against me. Sadly, I've had to wait almost an entire year for jobs to open up.

While moving in, Kirby knocked on the door. Sadly, I opened the door. The salesman was good...the teacher in me was fooled. I told him I wasn't buying without a job. He promised it would be fine, and they would work with me. I never got a job, tried to contact him, but he refused to help me.

I explained that I was not trying to give it back, I wouldn't do that. However, I need to try to lower the payments, when they start in January, the next calender year (2017). I wanted to be proactive and deal honestly. I am willing to pay, but need some understanding, and come up with a reduced payment plan.

Now, I'm being hounded by Merchants Acceptance, and they tried to get my money through my bank, which was unauthorized. They got my Facebook account, and wrote in the false job information, under an Alias name (curious how that was obtained).

I've done all I can to get them to work with me, and they yell at me, and say I signed a "Loan" agreement. Honestly, I'm frightened. I always pay my bills. But, I can't pay what they want. I don't know what to do...can they make this go against my credit?

Yes.

If you default on the financing contract that you signed, the default will go on your credit report.

The moral of the story is never open your door to peddlers or proselytizers.

So, they aren't obligated to work with me, especially when I've made the effort to set up a
Yes.

If you default on the financing contract that you signed, the default will go on your credit report.

Yes.

So, there isn't any obligation for them to work with me? Especially, when I acted in good faith and honestly explained the situation, but needed to pay with lower payments a month, until I get a job? They rewrite contracts, and I requested it, but they shouted they wouldn't. Can they go after me in court to get their money? I'm just worried, and wanting to see my options.

If you have enough credit on a credit card you might consider paying off the balance that way. If you have multiple cards you might find one that has a promotional interest rate of 0% for several months or more- that is pretty common these days. Your minimum payments would be the minimum for the card- probably $25-50?

Back