Consumer Law, Warranties Merchant Services Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karena

If anyone can help with this issue I would greatly appreciate any advice. I am beyond frustrated. I recently switched merchant services for my family business. The lady that came in was wonderful to talk to and seemed very knowledgeable and honest. We spoke for about 2 hours and she explained to me where we would save and that the equipment would be free of charge (two other employees of ours heard this as well.) In the overall end it was a big enough yearly savings that I was sold. Of course, I take full responsibility because I signed the paperwork without reading over all 100 (or what seemed like it anyway) pages but who really does. I trusted what she had said and expected it would be as we discussed. Well, two weeks later I get a bill from the leasing company for appx $300.00/month for 48 months. I never would have signed such paperwork had I known. When I was signing the paperwork she said not to worry that she would finish filling in the rest. Apparently she filled in the amount and the terms after I had signed. I have no way of proving this though because she left me without any copies. I know, I feel like an idiot and I am partly for not reading it, but after two hours of talking I was ready to be done with it. I feel very deceived. Is there anything I can do? My father owns the company and never signed any of the paperwork. Is it possible for him to call them and say I wasn't authorized to sign anything or will that get me into trouble? PLEASE HELP

I found out today that the company that I thought I was signing with actually wasn't that company. I googled the phone number (since I wasn't sure of their legal name) and the first thing that comes up is ripoffreport.com. I was told by a friend (also a lawyer, but not contract law) to just close the company's bank account and send the equipment back. He assured me that they would threaten but most likely not sue because of all of the fraudulent history on the interent (i.e. Better Business Bureau, scam.com and ripoffreport.com I would like a second opinion if possible. PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back