Merchant account

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathysclocks

I have a small antique clock buisness and opened a merchants accout so I can accept credit cards. Things were going great untill I had a purchase order from Nigeria. I thought this could be a scam so I processed the customers account number and waited 5 days for the funds to be cleared in my account. Then I was contacted by my bank that has my merchants account and was told that this credit card could be fraudulent and I would be responsible for a refund to them if it was fraud. They also want me to fax several past invoices from months ago and that I may have to return the funds from those sale also.
My questions is. After I have recieved funds from my merchant account and have already shipped my items to the customer will I have to repay my bank for a fraudulent card that my merchants account bank has accepted. If the card was no good shouild'nt they know and not fund the transaction?
Dennis

What are the terms of your agreement with the bank? That is the key to your answers. I'm not sure if processing an account is a good idea if you suspect fraud -- would it not be a good idea to contact your bank first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back