Mentally exhausted with crazy ex. Please help.

Jolie1104

Jurisdiction
California
on my back from work couple days ago, I got a call from my neighbor saying that a crazy lady knocked on my front door and started cursing and screaming. My gf opened the door and asked the crazy ex to leave. somehow they got into each other faces and started to grab each other hair. Fist fight broke out as the crazy ex fleeing the scene. Neighbors only saw part of the fight as my gf pursued the crazy ex. Police came minutes later just to call the ambulance for both of these crazy ladies. I came to see the crazy ex to settle the problem. In my opinion with limited knowledge of the laws, my gf was in the wrong for pursuing her. I told the crazy ex not to sue and I will do whatever she wanted as long as she doesn't bother us anymore (moved twice because of this crazy B). She agreed and I paid the amount she wanted. We both signed and dated on a non-notarized "settlement". Yesterday I came home and found a insured mail in my mailbox from the crazy ex. Just seeing her name annoyed me. I opened it up and found a bill that isn't billed to me but rather to the crazy ex. Apparently she wanted me and my gf to pay for the ambulance bill on the day of the incident. If not then she would sue my gf to small claim court (Stockton, CA). Please let's me know what can I do next as I am exhausted from this crazy lady. Thank you so much and sorry for my terrible English.

The document you signed might be useful if she sues you.
If she sues your friend, hard to say if it'll help her.

The best thing you can do is ignore BOTH females.

It might be time for you to start planning how to escape BOTH of those two fightin' females.

When you do, leave no forwarding address, other than a rented mailbox service.

If you do nothing, one day a pair of fightin' females might just attack another friend.

Its also inadvisable to answer the door, especially if you don't know the jackball that came a knocking.

Thank you for the replies. I am trying to move away as the same time protecting my girlfriend. Would the ambulance expenses be eligible for a small court claim ?

Thank you for the replies. I am trying to move away as the same time protecting my girlfriend. Would the ambulance expenses be eligible for a small court claim ?
Perhaps. It depends on the document that was signed. Review of such a document is beyond the scope of this forum, so you should probably ask an attorney.

Yes, it's eligible.

You do realize that your current GF is no less crazy that the ex., yes? There are lot's of fish in the sea.....stop fishing from the crazy lake. ;)

The ^ is just a bit of "motherly" advice. :)

on my back from work couple days ago, I got a call from my neighbor saying that a crazy lady knocked on my front door and started cursing and screaming. My gf opened the door and asked the crazy ex to leave. somehow they got into each other faces and started to grab each other hair. Fist fight broke out as the crazy ex fleeing the scene. Neighbors only saw part of the fight as my gf pursued the crazy ex. Police came minutes later just to call the ambulance for both of these crazy ladies. I came to see the crazy ex to settle the problem. In my opinion with limited knowledge of the laws, my gf was in the wrong for pursuing her. I told the crazy ex not to sue and I will do whatever she wanted as long as she doesn't bother us anymore (moved twice because of this crazy B). She agreed and I paid the amount she wanted. We both signed and dated on a non-notarized "settlement". Yesterday I came home and found a insured mail in my mailbox from the crazy ex. Just seeing her name annoyed me. I opened it up and found a bill that isn't billed to me but rather to the crazy ex. Apparently she wanted me and my gf to pay for the ambulance bill on the day of the incident. If not then she would sue my gf to small claim court (Stockton, CA). Please let's me know what can I do next as I am exhausted from this crazy lady. Thank you so much and sorry for my terrible English.

What your girlfriend should have done:
1) Not opened the door.
2) Called 911 to complain about the crazy person at the door.

What you should consider doing:
1) Cease all contact with the "crazy ex".
2) Get a no contact order.

Depending on the fact pattern, your current girlfriend may be obligated to pay some of the crazy ex's medical bills, if she was injured. (Personally, I see them as both at fault: one started it, the other pursued.)

You owe the crazy ex nothing.

If your current girlfriend finds deescalating a situation to be beneath her dignity, then you should seek therapy to determine why you seek out drama.

FYI, whether the document was or was not notarized is absolutely irrelevant to the situation. With rare exceptions, of which this is not one, a notary's stamp and seal means one thing and one thing only; that the identity of the signatories has been confirmed. If the document is enforceable, it's enforceable whether the document is notarized or not; if it's not enforceable, notarizing it does not make it so.

You have some serious relationship issues here not just legal concerns. Unless you have children together you need NO CONTACT with EX. Furthermore it seems your current love interest is not stable herself. Its time to take a hard look at your choices and current relationship. this isnt likely to get any better based on your post.

Back