Mental Health Thread #9 - Spring is Coming!

the really funny part was that her highly indignant uncle didn't even get her name right. You fired my niece theresa. Sir do you mean marissa. Oh yeah, that's her name. (not the real names but you get the idea)

lol :) ........................

I haven't any questions, no problems, no bad news , no good news just stopped in to say hi! Where is everyone these days? ( I guess that was a question!)

At work, I'm preparing for our retirement plans audit, which is always great "fun". :p

At home we're working in most of our spare time on fixing up our old house to try to get it on the market. At this point I am so over working on houses! There are a few more cosmetic things to do at the new house but it's really starting to feel like home. We're still trying to figure out how to move my antique upright piano, which weighs as much as a small car, I swear. I think we'll probably have to get a moving company to do it, and even then it will be tricky because there's nowhere to enter the house where you don't have to go up at least a small flight of stairs, unless we leave it in the basement. Hmmmm, the basement is a finished, heated, converted garage so maybe it can be our laundry room/workshop/music room! DH is already planning on setting up his drum set in there, maybe we can become a "garage band"!

Busy here too but when I popped in to see what's happening and nothing was being posted I thought "Hey we moved again and I wasn't told where to next!"

I called Two Men and a Truck to move my piano. After my dad and I about killed ourselves getting it on the truck, when we arrived at the house, I had them to unload it. It took them five minutes flat to pick it up, carry it up the four patio concrete steps and into the house.

Please do not try to move your piano yourself. Trust me on this.

Oh yeah, believe me, moving it ourselves is out of the question! The last time it was moved from one house to the other was 27 years ago and it took four or five sturdy guys to move it. Since then we've pulled it out from the wall once or twice to paint the wall but even moving it a few feet was quite a project. Back in the day (it was manufactured in 1898) they really made pianos sturdy. I had a new one at one time and that thing was so light, I could practically push it around with one finger. But the old one was definitely built to last, both the internal workings and it's made of very heavy solid wood too.

I've been told that the internal workings are usually cast iron.

Yup, based on the weight of the thing, I definitely can believe that! The nice thing about older instruments like that being built to last is the fact that it doesn't get out of tune as easily as newer pianos I've played over the years. It hasn't been tuned in a very long time and while I'm sure it would be out of tune with other instruments, it's still in tune with itself so it sounds fine when played alone.

Some employers are now offering 104 personal days off a year. They are called Saturday & Sunday.

When you spill coffee on the conference table, the boss does not like it when you make a little paper boat & sail it down the table.

"You have 750 facebook friends and can't think of anybody as an emergency contact for your job application!"

Never, never, ever assume that your boss knows what he is doing.

A job applicant listed one of his references as deceased and suggested HR try to contact by ouija board.

Really praying that I will not have to take temporary custody of my great-niece because Momma is doing drugs.
Then there will be a horrendous battle between grandmas.

Really praying that I will not have to take temporary custody of my great-niece because Momma is doing drugs.
Then there will be a horrendous battle between grandmas.

Oh no! I hope everything works out.

I don't know about some of the rest of you but I am so sick of rain!

I don't know about some of the rest of you but I am so sick of rain!

For once, I'm not complaining about it raining too much here...we've actually had some very nice weather throughout May and June. I feel your pain, though, usually our weather is pretty much all rain, all the time!

I live in central Jersey and its been very wet and humid. So much so that the plants are rotting or developed fungus because of the wetness. Everyone I talk seems to be having the problems I'm having. We need a few good days of no rain, sun shine and low humidly to get everything back on track. The only things that are doing good are my pepper plants as they really like the water.

Back