Mental Health Thread #6 - Post your "news" here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm - that is interesting.............

Besides all the other hassles of an audit, I don't have an extra desk and computer that just sits there waiting for an auditor to use.

That's always fun, isn't it?! In the 30+ years I've worked here, I've seen auditors stuck in some very interesting places because we just didn't have room for them. In this building, we can usually put them in one of several meeting rooms or even the boardroom in a pinch, but in our old building I remember putting them in a large broom closet, a storage room, or even the kitchen. Most of them bring their own laptops so we don't have to find a computer for them to use, although the last couple of years our workers' comp auditor has done part of the audit from the nearby McDonald's because we don't have wi-fi in our building!

The biggest audit I participate in every year is our retirement plans audit, and after an on-site audit the first year, we've done the audits completely remotely by loading the information directly to the CPA firm's secured website and it works wonderfully. Of course, not every audit can be done off-site like that, but it's great when it can be.

I'm, hoping the factory wants to audit 2012 which is all nicely stored in file cabinets, as opposed to boxes. Now the file cabinets are in the attic which is a little bit hot and dusty, so they would probably get done very quickly.
Even if they bring their laptops, they have to be in our system to access archived documents.

Are they moving in permanently? Nosy aren't I! :)

One thing about a cousin moving in is it forces closet cleaning.

Maybe that's what I need to get me motivated to clean out my closets. No, wait, I really don't want anybody to move in with us so I take that back. Sometimes our house feels too small for just the two of us and the dog.

It's supposed to be temporary, depending on her getting a job here and being able to afford her own place.
I was very blunt that she was more than welcome temporarily. I don't do well with roommates. The biggest issue is that she has two dogs.
We have two cats and a dog.

I hope all the pets get along.

V-v-va-cation? What's that! I hear it's some sort of entitlement program.

Betty, my day did get...well, more interesting yesterday after my last post. My boss asked me for a copy of our severance agreement saying she wanted to check the wording. Hmmmm let's see I've done every severance agreement in the last six years, including those for officers. I wonder who this one is for? Anyone got any cardboard boxes I can use?

Gee Ida01............... it sounds like that severance agreement was for you and if so , I'm so sorry that you lost your job. Been there done that a few years back and it sucks.

That would be my worry. Even the best-behaved pets sometimes have trouble sharing their territory.

Our dog is friendly with other dogs, but she does NOT share her food. My nephew's pit bull had to back off from our little mutt when she tried to eat her food.
My nephew hated for me to tell that story.

LOL. It's "funny" how little dogs will sometimes stick up for themselves in certain circumstances & the bigger dog will back off.

My big huge dog can be such a coward, but she sure talks a good argument. If she sees certain dogs in the neighborhood walk by on the sidewalk when she's tied out on our deck, she puts on her "big girl voice" and sounds all vicious but we know what a weenie she really is! She'd probably be one who would back down immediately if a smaller dog challenged her over the food dish.

Jack (four year old beagle): It's my cuddle time with Auntie! (snuggles into my lap)
Bailey (five month old Rottie puppy): It is not! It's MY cuddle time with Auntie! (pushes at Jack with her front paws)
Jack: Oh, okay. (gets down)

I have a beagle. They are very kind & considerate dogs. Jack got down because he was being nice to Bailey.

I have two mutts-male and female, both primarily labs. What's bizarre is outside, he's always after her challenging her and wrestling her to the ground. A lot of times we have to hold him until she's already in the yard or she will refuse to go because she knows he'll jump on her the minute she steps on the porch. Yet inside, she's the boss of him and will steal his toys right out from under him and he comes to us to get it back for him!

Jack adores Bailey. What she says goes. It's so much fun watching their dynamic.

I miss having two dogs. We always had a beagle & a dachshund. This is the first time that I only have one but for various reasons one is best for me right now.

That is bizarre ferretrick.

That is really funny, ferretrick! It's like your male dog views the outside as his territory, and inside it's the female dog's territory. I'd love to know what goes on in the mind of a dog when it comes to things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back