Mental Health #12 - or so

I'm well.

Are you well, cbg?

How's everyone doing?

I can't wait for summer and our month long vacation.

Road trip by Amtrak and automobile to Mackinaw Island, the UP, Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, Chicago.

Hooray.

I'm doing well, AJ. Hopefully having a new book out next month (or possibly the month later). Taking a week off in August but not sure yet where I'm going; might be that hubby and I might make a trip to Maine.

doing well.. started the new job officially this last monday, although I've been there since late february. I am really liking it even with the bumps of walking into a mess left by the prior HRM.

No vacation time until the end of the summer when we take our youngest for his freshman year of college back to Texas.... should be nice and toasty in August LOL

I hope you continue to love it Elle. A close friend recently changed jobs after 23 years at the same place. She hates it to the point that it is making her ill. She was previously in a job where she helped people. The new job is denying applications for food stamps. They are taught to find any which way they can to deny people. It's a bit reassuring that they aren't giving away benefits recklessly, but it sounds like it's really skewed to make in the other direction.

I've started planning for my retirement...which I'm hoping to do in 2022. I know that's four years away, but I decided it would be a good idea to start working on some succession planning for my department. Part of me keeps thinking I'm way too young to be thinking about retirement and the other part keeps reminding me that I've been in the workforce since 1973 and I am SO ready to plan the next chapter of my life and leave the corporate world behind.

Good for you. Hope it all works out. You're just a little bit ahead of me. I've worked full-time since 1978 and the longest time off was 4 weeks after a surgery once.

I've been in HR for many years, and alive for many more, and nothing much about people shocks me anymore. But I have to wonder WHY, in a professional office building with locked restrooms that only employees have the code to get into, do we have a problem with employees leaving puddles on the toilet seat and floor?! It's like having to clean up after incontinent pets!

WHY, in a professional office building with locked restrooms that only employees have the code to get into, do we have a problem with employees leaving puddles on the toilet seat and floor?!

It's an inherent quality in the human race to soil its surroundings. After all, look at what we've done to (and are doing to) the planet. Bathrooms should come as no surprise.

Agent Smith got it right in The Matrix:

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

:D

Seems like it's been a while since anyone needed any mental health. However, there is a thread "down the street" and two more "down the block" that have me wanting to reach through the computer screen and tear a few people's heads off. Those of you who post on those boards will know which ones I mean. I'm just going to hang out here where it's quiet.

His is the first post we've had since May or June. I don't have access to people's logins, but if you want to put an answer here I'll post it for you.

Back