Mental Health #11 - A New Beginning

So his unemployment claim was denied(no surprise) he is appealing(no surprise). His parting shot in his appeal was that he quit because he just didn't want to be around a bunch of heathens.

So his unemployment claim was denied(no surprise) he is appealing(no surprise). His parting shot in his appeal was that he quit because he just didn't want to be around a bunch of heathens.
And I'm sure that will carry a lot of weight with the unemployment office.:)

Now I'm not agreeing that we are all heathens by any means, but most people probably wouldn't expect a garage to be staffed by angels. :)

I remember one young couple I knew many years ago when we attended the same church. The wife constantly complained about the fact that she had to work with "sinners, heathens and non-Christians", and she wasn't even working in a particularly "heathen" industry. She must have been a real joy to work with!

I do payroll/HR and financial management for two fitness gyms. Those employees NEVER go away UGH! It's pretty much a "heathen" industry.

And I agree with cbg about the cowboy UI "expert" on a few other boards -- for some reason though I had the impression she was a he LOL.....and not a smart one at that. But there are a couple others that are much much better!

ferritrick -- I suggest booking yourself a trip to the Bahamas as soon as possible (even better if you can book it from free points from the company CC)! But ugh I would hate to have to coordinate travel!

2-18-17 per USA today: "New puppy leave"

A newborn puppy can be a full-time job, that's why beer maker BrewDog — a Scottish brewery set to open up an Ohio location later this year — now offers a week of paid leave for employees with new puppies or rescued dogs.

The company said it's the first company in the United States, and the first brewery in the United Kingdom, to offer the "paw-ternity" benefit.

BrewDog, in an announcement made earlier this week, said the benefit will be offered to all of its nearly 1,000 employees across the world, including those at its soon-to-be brewery near Columbus, Ohio, which is set to open in the spring.

DogBrew said the week of leave will ensure dog owners can accompany puppies as they get adapted to their new surroundings.

"It's not easy trying to juggle work and settle a new dog into your life, and many members of our crew have four-legged friends at home," said company co-founder James Watt.
"We wanted to take the stress out of the situation and let our teams take the time they need to welcome their new puppy or dog into their family."

The truly fringe benefit fits with the company's edgy persona, its dedication to canines and aim to become "the best company to work for. Ever."

The company's website said it started in 2007 as "two guys and their dog." Since then, those guys, co-founders Watt and Martin Dickie, have created a dog-friendly atmosphere at the Scotland brewery. Staff members are welcome to bring their dogs to work.

(Sean Rossman, USA Today)

I can see this concept catching on with other types of businesses.

A new car can be a full-time job, that's why General Motors now offers a week of paid leave for employees who buy new GM cars.

The company said it's the first car manufacturer in the United States to offer the "car-ternity" benefit.

The week of leave will ensure that new car owners can concentrate on getting accustomed to the car's features and handling.

"It's not easy trying to juggle work and settle a new car into your life," said GM's CEO.

"We wanted to take the stress out of the situation and let our teams take the time they need to welcome their new car into their garage."

The UI hearing was today. He had his lawyer in attendance. He rambled on about nonsense nearly every question he was asked. The hearing officer must have said "irrelevant" at least a hundred times. He and his lawyer were both argumentative with the lady. We didn't have to say much. He pretty much buried himself.

The UI hearing was today. He had his lawyer in attendance. He rambled on about nonsense nearly every question he was asked. The hearing officer must have said "irrelevant" at least a hundred times. He and his lawyer were both argumentative with the lady. We didn't have to say much. He pretty much buried himself.

I never interfere when a fool displays his/her mental prowess.

I forgot the best part. He has been texting a former employee asking him to be a witness for him. He starts out asking. The guy says no then ignores him after that. It then becomes begging, pleading, offering to pay him for his time and promising to get him a job. Then it degenerates into calling him out on "not caring anything about other people." and practically calling down the wrath of God on him. We have all of that printed out but didn't even bring it up because it really wasn't necessary, but if he and his lawyer decide to sue, it will come into play when he tries to call other people "a loose cannon." Pot calling kettle!

I forgot the best part. He has been texting a former employee asking him to be a witness for him. He starts out asking. The guy says no then ignores him after that. It then becomes begging, pleading, offering to pay him for his time and promising to get him a job. Then it degenerates into calling him out on "not caring anything about other people." and practically calling down the wrath of God on him. We have all of that printed out but didn't even bring it up because it really wasn't necessary, but if he and his lawyer decide to sue, it will come into play when he tries to call other people "a loose cannon." Pot calling kettle!

I feel a tad guilty, because I laughed uncontrollably as I read your account of the one I shall now call, TX-UI-MAN.
The guy has completely become unhinged.
He's probably always been that way, but hid it until this incident came forth.

I am, unfortunately, currently dealing with someone who could well turn out to be one of those sorts of former employees.

I spent the entire day working on a response to their request for information regarding their payroll, because they were trying to claim that they weren't paid for all their time. I can prove they were, and even prove that they were overpaid by a full day but that we allowed them to keep the overpayment. I'm sure once they figure that part out, the next argument will come when they file for unemployment.

So far the words "wrongful termination" haven't come into play but I suspect that will come up at some point.

The sad thing is, they worked for us for only a few months but now are apt to spend the next six months or more trying any way they can to cause problems...

I pray that someone, anyone can begin to right this nation.
Personally I don't care.
I am, however, worried about my grandkids.

So I received an email from the former employee I referenced in my post above. I spent half the day the other day writing a very detailed e-mail, outlining what, where, when and how she was paid. I didn't have to send her all the information I did, but I did it to try and help her understand her payroll better.

Today I got back a really rude e-mail stating that I made snide remarks, was passing judgment on her, and was bullying her. She sounded a lot like some of the posters we get on here.

My assistant was cc'd on the e-mail, and she was absolutely livid at the things that were said and the way she said them. I think my assistant was surprised when I told her I wasn't going to reply, but the e-mail didn't ask for a reply, just ranted about what a horrible person I am. I think my assistant thought I should defend myself, but I know the intent and the tone of my original e-mail were nothing but professional, and I really don't want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. :)

Now we're just hoping she will go away quietly, although somehow I don't think that's going to happen...

It's been that kind of a week, I think. My last three contacts on Friday were all from people who were given something and kept pushing for more.

Back