Personal Bankruptcy Meeting of the creditors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrathell

I recently had my meeting of the creditors on July 29th but the lawyer for the Ford Motor Credit was not there.

I got an SUV from them in 2001, stopped paying on it in 2002.

The original amount of the SUV was $16,000 (1997 expedition), with the monthly payments and deposit I've paid about $12,000 on the SUV.

Their judgement against me about a year ago was for $36,000.

Current Kelly Blue Book value is $2400.

So I filed bankruptcy.

Why would they not of shown up?

I haven't heard from them at all after the court date as well, I called him a couple of times after the BK but he hasn't returned my calls about retrieving the vehicle.

We had talked a couple of weeks before the court date where I told them I would consider paying the blue book value for the SUV.

Is it their responsibility to contact me for pick up of the vehicle or 'in the eyes of the BK court', is it my reponsibilty to seek them out?

Should I just wait for them to contact me?

Is there a chance they just don't think this is 'financially' worth dealing with and may not even try to contact me?

Last edited:
In your intentions what have you listed-- to surrender the vehicle or retain the vehicle or keep it? are you a chapter 7 or 13?

Then take the Vehicle back to Ford, have them sign a paper stating you have dropped the vehicle off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back