Medical, professional malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissCatt

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I came here to hopefully write about what happened to me before I press on for help if I should. I thought there would be smart minds that maybe could help me along. I am a senior , I am 74 yrs. old. for the last 3 yrs I belong to a senior health plan that is big where I live. I have a lot of stories I could tell but I will jump to the reason I am finally leaving this wonderful plan. Going back I was not doing very good I was trying to tell them. I got real sick with a reaction to the medication I was on and for some unknown reason the doctor took it out on me and was very abusive threathen to put me in a nursing home and there is more to this story and show how abusive she is.. She had behaved badly before, She refused to take any calls from me and would not return them. I was turned over to a NP and she was the same , she is close with the doctor. I have had problems loosing my sight, I have serious problems and wanted to see my doctor I was ignored , I have 3 broken teeth and waiting now 4 months for care, denied C Pac at night even though I have " moderate " breathing problems at night. 5 of us died in one week but we are not allowed to talk about it.. Because they know I am leaving the called me today they wanted to cancel my appointment tomorrow with my heart doctor.. They cancelled my treatments with the pain doctor not today months ago.. No reason... I could go on and on.. I am leaving this so called health plan for seniors but there are so many others still there.. I think this is big it is state funded and it is scary and what can I do? I know they are glad I am going I have tried hard to fight for myself but they say I am a trouble maker

what can I do?

You can file a complaint with either of these agencies, or BOTH of them:

Medicare.gov – the Official Government Site for Medicare – Complaint Form

If your issue needs to be addressed within 10 days, you should call
800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).

1-800-MEDICARE is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, including some federal holidays.

TTY/TTD users can call 1-877-486-2048.

How To File Nursing Home Complaint in Massachusetts - Elder Abuse Resources

Report Elder Abuse

Your post doe not make a lot of sense. You are in a health plan, as in you have health insurance? Or do you mean something else? It sounds like you are complaining about a nursing home staff but then a threat to put you in a nursing home wouldn't make much sense. Who are the mysterious "they" who are cancelling appointments for you? If you want to make a medical appointment, call and make one. If you don't like your doctor, go to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back