Medical Malpractice medical malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherm

Can I sue a dr for injecting my IV with zofran after I told them I was not ok with the risk it came with and I didn't want it.

So they can inject me with any drugs against my will and I can't do anything about it ? Even thought they said they'd give me an alternative medication but really didn't

So they can inject me with any drugs against my will and I can't do anything about it ? Even thought they said they'd give me an alternative medication but really didn't

No, any patient, with a few exceptions can simply refuse treatment.
Alternatively, any patient is free to walk out the hospital and sign a form indicating the decision to leave is AMA, against medical advice, with a few rare exceptions, none of which seem to apply to you.

Bottom line, if a medical provider was going to do something you didn't want done, you could have simply said, "Please stop, I don't want to receive that medicine."
You could have then left (as described above), or asked, "Are there any options to my receiving DRUG XYZ?"

Thats what I'm saying after I told them i did not want the zofran, they said they'd give an alternative med. They didn't notify me they were injecting me with the zofran still untill after the 2nd dose. A nurse came back and asked me if the zofran was working. And that's when I stated again, I asked you not to give me zofran. And she replied "well that's what we ordered for you" after being told that I left the er. But they had already injected me twice with this drug without telling me so Untill it was in my system

If there are no damages other than your annoyance, there is no malpractice case. You are free to find a new doctor or medical practitioner. I'm not sure what the purpose of a suit with no damages would be. What exactly would you expect to be done after the fact?

If you end up having any damages (medical problems) due to being given the drug & against your will, then you "might" have a case. At this time, I don't see what you would have a case for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back