Medical Malpractice medical malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisconsin

i have a question, i what to know for how much can a hospital of the feberal government can be sued for a medical malpractice. this is a case of celebral palsy.

it depends on the damage done. If there is a damage of $ 10,000 you can sue them for $ 10,000, if there is damage of 10 Million, you sue them for 10 Million. You might sometimes be able also to sue for punitive damages, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Cerebral palsy is generally a very serious and permanent condition. I assume the cerebral palsy was the result of a birth injury? It should be noted that not all bad outcomes rise to the level of medical malpractice. It must be demopnstrated that the medical professional violated the standard of care and that the violation caused the cerebral palsy.

That being said, cerebral palsy can be such a disabling condition that you should definately contact an attorney who has experience in birth injury cases. Make sure to confirm with the attorney you choose that he or she has significant experience in birth injury and cerebral palsy cases. These can be very complex cases, so it is in your best interest to quiz the attorneys you interview. Please don't just choose the first lawyer you come across. Also, you may want to learn more about the Federal Tort Claims Act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back