Medical lien after an motorcycle accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

What can I do to get a hospital lien off my property, seeing the court documents that they sent my said that the lien wasn't against me or my personal property, there looking to recover from a third party. But, with this lien in place, my bank will not refinance my home. What do I need to do, because I was told that my health insurance covered there costs from the motorcycle accident I was in, and my vehicle insurance didn't have medical coverage, and the hospital just seem to want more or the hole amount, even thou I have paid my deductible and co-pay. Note, I do have a lawyer, but... he seems to be on the back burner on this one... he seems to know about the accident law, but kinda leaning away from the real estate stuff. What do I do?

You said that the lien wasn't against you or your personal property. In the third sentence you state that the lien relates to a motorcycle accident that you were in and is in the name of a third party. My guess is that the insurance company paid a claim against a person with whom you had an accident and you were judged to be responsible for their injuries. As such, the lien is against you for payment on a medical bill which an insurance company doesn't want to be left paying since you were responsible for causing the accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back