Medical File Accessed & Info Shared

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzcrowley70

One of my health care provider's employees is my ex-husband's new girlfriend. She accessed my personal file, told him my address and my weight at check in to show him she really accessed the information. She says she has the 3 phone numbers I provided as contact numbers and is going to call them to reach my boyfriend and my mother and tell him false things about me to create problems. She also said she is going to come to my house and "kick my -ss or give my address to someone else to take care of that for her".

My name is not linked to my address or phone numbers other than through my creditors, my doctors, and my employer. If this health care employee comes to my home, contacts my family, or calls me - do I have a case against her? Or her employer? Is there a monetary value that can be applied as compensation for what she has done, is doing, and can do to me and my family? Should I discuss this with the health care facility? With a HIPAA complaint form? A personal protection order? Or all of the above?

I did call and leave a message for the personal relations director at the hospital to find out what proper protocol is for me to follow to protect myself against this woman, but haven't received any information until he returns to his office on Monday morning.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back