Medical Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootnscore26

I am a chiropractor and work as an "independent contractor" in another dr.'s office. I don't have my own phone number and I am forced to use the other dr's clinic name on business cards and any advertising I do. After 18 months, I am ready to leave and start my own practice.

I have found a perfect office where I would love to move into. In my contract it states that I cannot practice within an 8 mile radius for 2 years following the end of my contract. The new office is 7.8 miles away. I am looking for anything that may void this contract so that the noncompete clause will be nullified.

I have been told by collegues that I'm not an "independent contractor" if he is giving me all these orders and making me work under his clinic name. That is more an employee. If there is nothing I can do, what would happen if I opened up there anyway? Would .2 miles be that big a deal to a judge? I wouldn't be drawing patients from the same pool as the other doc and all I want to do is leave. I have no intention of taking patients or competing in any way. Any suggestions?

thanks

shoot:confused:

You need to take the contract to an attorney and get an expert opinion. Only an attorney practicing in your State who has reviewed the document you signed can advise you.

I am in the process of having it reviewed by an attorney, but I wanted to see if anyone had any tips or tricks that could help me. I appreciate any replies.

thanks

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back