Medical bills

Rhonda212

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Hello, quick question. I am required to pay for half of the out of pocket medical bills. I have two questions. If the other party has an HSA account uses that to pay do I still pay them back half of what they spent on their HSA?
Second question the other party wants to do a cycle of shots that are not required for my child but just for allergies it won't make them go away it will just help them and I don't agree as it's not going to make them go away so I think it's a waste of money and it's quite expensive. so the other party is solely making the decision to go ahead even though it's not medically required or mandatory by the doctor. If I said no and the other party still continues with the shots do I still have to pay?

Hello, quick question. I am required to pay for half of the out of pocket medical bills. I have two questions. If the other party has an HSA account uses that to pay do I still pay them back half of what they spent on their HSA?
Second question the other party wants to do a cycle of shots that are not required for my child but just for allergies it won't make them go away it will just help them and I don't agree as it's not going to make them go away so I think it's a waste of money and it's quite expensive. so the other party is solely making the decision to go ahead even though it's not medically required or mandatory by the doctor. If I said no and the other party still continues with the shots do I still have to pay?
Seriously? You are not willing to help ease your childs allergy symptoms?

I have two questions. If the other party has an HSA account uses that to pay do I still pay them back half of what they spent on their HSA?

If I said no and the other party still continues with the shots do I still have to pay?

No one can make YOU do anything you don't wish to do.

That said, there are people possessed of great powers that can make any of us REGRET not doing what we have been required to do, or refrain from doing.

In your case, I suspect a judge issued a child custody order and a child support order.

You can ignore the order, because all any of us MUST do one day is die.

Until the day we die, there are those people possessed of those very extraordinary powers which when used on us can make us regret that we failed to perform as required.

Whatever you do, choose wisely to avoid upsetting or angering those VERY SPECIAL EXTRAORDINARILY POWERFUL people.

If the other party has an HSA account uses that to pay do I still pay them back half of what they spent on their HSA?

I don't know. I haven't read your court order. Presumably you have; what does it say? If it does not address the question, why have you not gone back to court to get it clarified?

If I said no and the other party still continues with the shots do I still have to pay?

Does the court order say you only have to pay for bills you agree with? No? Then you still have to pay.

I suggest you ignore the first response in the thread since it has nothing at all to do with the legal issues you raised.

The answers to your questions depend on exactly what your divorce decree/custody order says, and we obviously haven't read it.

That said, with respect to the second question, I suspect you will need to document your disagreement with the treatment and either (1) your child's other parent will take the matter to court, at which point you can raise your disagreement in opposition; or (2) you can take the matter to court yourself.

I suggest you ignore the first response in the thread since it has nothing at all to do with the legal issues you raised.
To be honest, it might. If this ends up back in court, the OP is going to need to justify his opposition to the treatment. This is akin to refusing treatment for migraines because they aren't "cured", only mitigated somewhat, so the money is wasted.

The answers to your questions depend on exactly what your divorce decree/custody order says, and we obviously haven't read it.

That said, with respect to the second question, I suspect you will need to document your disagreement with the treatment and either (1) your child's other parent will take the matter to court, at which point you can raise your disagreement in opposition; or (2) you can take the matter to court yourself.
I agree with the rest, except that there is a third option, which would be for the OP to pay and be done with it. Another possibility is that the OP refuses to pay and the matter is dropped by the other party.

If it will make your child's quality of life better why wouldn't you do it?

What do your court decree say about unreimbursed medical? My decree states we split unreimbursed medical - with no stipulation on if its medically necessary or not. (I never get it though and luckily have awesome insurance).

Back