Medical bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragongirl8717

Last year my husband and I were working for Wal-Mart and our son got sick with something contagous. My husband came down with it and was out of work for a few days. Well the manager over his department decided that as soon as he came back she was going to fire him, so she did exactly that. With this company if a husband and wife work there then the insurance can only come out of one person's check and since he was working there longer than me it was coming out of his check for both of us. The personnal department failed to tell me(when I was asking about the insurance) that it would have to be switched over to my check in so many days. So when I had to go to the emergancy room my insurance card was no good and now I'm stuck with a $6 thousand and something medical bill that I can't pay. Not to long after all this the manager of my department fired me because two co-workers wanted my hours and I was asking questions about the insurance(Wal-Mart even tired to keep me from getting my unemployment but the unemployment agency saw right through them because they tried to fire other co-workers for telling the unemployment agency that Wal-Mart fired me wrongfully). I'm now working as a waitress only making $2.85 an hour plus tips but when you live in a small town tips really aren't that good(especially when you have other daily, weekly, or monthly bills and kids you have to take care of). The insurance company they use is blue cross and blue shield and this is in Alabama.:( :mad:

Now that you have read my story here are my questions.
What should I do? Is there a statue of limitation for this kind of situation? :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back