Medical bill collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendo927

I was recently unemployed for about 6-8 months last year and did not have medical insurance. I had to go to the hospital and was refused treatment. I have just been sued for over 1000.00 and would like to fight it. What do I need to prove, which type of forms do I need. Thank you in advance.

Who is suing you and what for?

I am being sued for a collection for a medical bill from a law firm. I am not sure what exactly they charged me for since they did not provide me any treatment. I am going to request a detailed bill with CPT codes to find out what they supposely treated me for. I am pretty peeved about the whole thing. Thanks for any help in advance.

I was recently unemployed for about 6-8 months last year and did not have medical insurance. I had to go to the hospital and was refused treatment. I have just been sued for over 1000.00 and would like to fight it. What do I need to prove, which type of forms do I need. Thank you in advance.

Is this in the US?

Perhaps you should consider suing the hospital for refusing you medical attention. Especially if it was because you had no insurance.

May want to sue the collections as well, you got no care, but you got a bill? Sue um all.

Last edited:
Yes in Rhode Island. I dont want to bother suing the hospital I just want to get rid of this annoyance, I also have a witness that was with me the day that I went to the hospital and was refused treatment. Will a witness help get this suit dismissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back