mediate restraining order

Charm

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
The defendant is my former boss (owners of two restaurants) after the assault its hard to find a job. I have a temporary restraining order against him and his lawyer wants to make settlement. The lawyer suggests we offer he agrees to an 18 month restraining order and we won't require he admit any wrongdoing in the civil case. The criminal case is still ongoing process which the detective is still gathering evidence. Is it possible to make him pay for loss of my work due to damage reputation and emotional abuse?

The defendant is my former boss (owners of two restaurants) after the assault its hard to find a job. I have a temporary restraining order against him and his lawyer wants to make settlement. The lawyer suggests we offer he agrees to an 18 month restraining order and we won't require he admit any wrongdoing in the civil case. The criminal case is still ongoing process which the detective is still gathering evidence. Is it possible to make him pay for loss of my work due to damage reputation and emotional abuse?
You should discuss this with your attorney.

If you have NOT retained an attorney, do so ASAP.

If a rich person beat you, you've stumbled into the mother lode, the BIG ONE, that special payday is coming.

However, without an aggressive lawyer to help you get it, you'll only receive pennies, not millions of US dollars.

You can't "make" anyone do anything, but you can ask for whatever monetary compensation you like.

Obviously, this is something to discuss with your attorney.

Back