Me vs. Insurance company for Auto Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdmalde

I was a in auto accident back about a month ago. Totally wrecked my car and suffered a broken toe , closed head injury, and massive brusing. I filed a claim w/ my insurance company and because my accident was out of state , the insurance company wanted me to provide prove of residency phone bills w'2 credit card bills etc. I thought this is ridiculous why should I have to give a life story just to file a claim. Now they want me to give a sworn statment. My thoughts are if I have given you the information you need that should be enough. True I do temprarly life out of state but my licence and registration is valid in the other state and I still have my mail going to my address that is on my licence. I do not have a licence or anything that would make me a legal residendent of the state that I am temporialy reside in. I'm just a college student that ran out of money and had to work to pay off some of there debt before I can return. Should this give the insurance company a reason to denie my claim. Also I was being harrased at work from the adjuster. She would call my job and demand to speak with me. I sent a certified letter asking her not to contact me via telphone , but to only contact me through mail or email. She continued to do so. Over all this has been a very bad experience and I am wondering what can I do? Ifeel like you pay all this money for insurance and when you get into a accident they don't want to take care of you. If anyone can offer some helpful advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back