K Visa Marrying Canadian girl, in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDG_

I'm am American citizen. I'm going to Canada in a few days to visit my girlfriend, with discussion of my possibly staying there permanently.

Now, would it be possible for me to marry her while I was in Canada, in Canada.

If it is possible. What rights would this give me? Would this enable me to work to help support her? Would I be able to stay permanently?

I know it might grant her rights in USA as well. I"m so unaware of everything that goes into this. I need HELP!!!!! :p I've been scanning the forums, not much is said about an American marrying a Canadian in Canada. Thanks for the time.

TDG

Me too!

TDG said:
I'm am American citizen. I'm going to Canada in a few days to visit my girlfriend, with discussion of my possibly staying there permanently.

Now, would it be possible for me to marry her while I was in Canada, in Canada.

If it is possible. What rights would this give me? Would this enable me to work to help support her? Would I be able to stay permanently?

I know it might grant her rights in USA as well. I"m so unaware of everything that goes into this. I need HELP!!!!! :p I've been scanning the forums, not much is said about an American marrying a Canadian in Canada. Thanks for the time.

TDG

My fiance and are in the exact same situation. We met in Feb 2004, are now engaged and planning to get married in Sept 2005, and he will then move here (Toronto) from Los Angeles, California. He is an American citizen, and I'm a Canadian citizen. I don't even know where to begin. He's read that he would need to pay taxes to both US and Canada, and I don't see why.

After we're married, doesn't that mean he can both live and work here? Will he then not be able to live in the US? We plan to move to the US in about 5 years time.

Any help or links would be completely appreciated, it seems the US and Canadian gov't websites just don't give details about how this happens and what needs to be done.

Please help!

Thank you,
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back