Married with a Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettingscrewed

I will be married next month for 8 years. After being married for 2 years we started our own trucking business. My husband has gotten it in his mind from somewhere "I believe listening to other truck drivers and their problems" that I have been having an affair for the last 3 years! We live in a very small area where everyone knows everyone...and not only that but I have been a real esate agent for 18 years! So everyone knows me! It has gotten out of hand. For the last year I have looked up phone numbers found on my cell bills and home long distance bills and have had to explain everyone on them and why I was calling them. He has recordered my phone calls (both incoming and outgoing) with a little tape machine looking thing. He has called people I have done business with and accused them of sleeping with me. He has contacted men's wives (men I have never even heard of) and told them to look on their husbands cell phone bills to see if any of my numbers on on their bills. Everyone in town now knows of this. All of my friends and family are telling me that no one believes any of this. But I feel like I must defend myself because if I walk away I will look guilty.
Now ..... because he can't prove that I have done anything wrong - and I won't confess to doing any of these things.....he says he just can't take it anymore and is going to ...... and it changes everyday.
One day he is going to leave the truck...in another state and disappear!
One day he is going to take everything and disappear!
One day he is going to take everything and leave me with nothing, which is what I deserve!

There has been so many things.
Lately, he has a habit of going and withdrawing all of money out of our business checking account and leaving me with not one penny and on top of that no money to cover what ever checks are still going to clear the bank.....that paid bills for the business - that have MY signature on them.

He has now agreed to go to counceling with me - I told him he needs to get help with whatever his issues are from his past.....about this kind of thing......and leave me out of it. I told him we could see a marriage councelor together also. After he spent a few days at his parents, and with his parents help to make him understand that there is nothing going on ..... we have been getting along better than we have in the last 3 years!

To protect myself in the future....I'm just wondering what I should do about our business and all of the stuff we own- ie: 4 wheelers, 5th wheel, house which I owned before we were married but have since refinanced in Just His Name with both names on Deed, and other household expensive items, computers, cameras, power tools, motorcycles, Summer Home, etc. Some of the items are in both our names, some in Just Mine, Some in Just His! Same with debts with the business.....such as credit cards...some just my name some just his.
He says the business is his because it's him driving the truck everyday...If I want half the money then I need to get my ASS out there and drive the truck half the time!
What can I do to protect myself? HELP???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back