Married under false pretenses

Becca82

Jurisdiction
Florida
We have been married almost 2 years now. It hasn't been easy however year after we married he tells me he only married me so his daughter couldn't have a sister.. well my daughter is same age, I thought we married for love. I truly loved this man and he married me making me believe it was a real marriage. If I had known this from start I would have never married him. This was and is my only marriage and he understood how much it ment to me to be married only one time. And for true love. He promised me he loved me and wouldn't ever hurt me so imagine my surprise when he told me the real reason he married me..
I guess my question is what legal grounds to I have here??

We have been married almost 2 years now. It hasn't been easy however year after we married he tells me he only married me so his daughter couldn't have a sister.. well my daughter is same age, I thought we married for love. I truly loved this man and he married me making me believe it was a real marriage. If I had known this from start I would have never married him. This was and is my only marriage and he understood how much it ment to me to be married only one time. And for true love. He promised me he loved me and wouldn't ever hurt me so imagine my surprise when he told me the real reason he married me..
Legal grounds for what?

Legal grounds for what?
He wants to keep everything. We have six cars which I helped pay for. Can I sue him for emotional stress or anything?? And can I have any legal rights to my stepdaughter which he is keeping me from talking to or seeing her as well as her biological mom..

He wants to keep everything. We have six cars which I helped pay for. Can I sue him for emotional stress or anything?? And can I have any legal rights to my stepdaughter which he is keeping me from talking to or seeing her as well as her biological mom..
You are entitled to 1/2 the marital assets and 1/2 the martial debt. No. you can nor sue him because he stressed you out. You have no rights to his child. Why you would even think that you had rights is beyond me.

Tell the mother, (not biological mother...using that term implies that Moms parental rights have been severed), that she should file a motion of contempt if Dad isn't complying with the custody order.

You can get a divorce for the asking. You don't get anything for emotional distress. He doesn't get to keep everything. The court will divide property equitably. No, you have no rights with regard to your stepdaughter.

Consult an attorney. If you don't want to do that check your family court's website for DIY forms and instructions.

You have the same legal rights any other married person has, hire an attorney, see if your attorney can get him to pay your attorney's fees, file for divorce, divide your stuff, go your separate ways, be happy forget the liar/deceiver, live the best life you can make for yourself without being attached to the liar/deceiver.

You already knew that, didn't you?

he tells me he only married me so his daughter couldn't have a sister.

Huh?

my question is what legal grounds to I have here?

Legal grounds to do what? Obviously, you're free to seek a divorce, but I have a hard time believing you didn't know that, so maybe your intent was to ask something else.

He wants to keep everything. We have six cars which I helped pay for.

You've been married less than two years and have bought six cars?

In any event, if you divorce, and if the two of you cannot agree, the court will make an order that divides your marital property in a manner that it determines to be equitable. He won't get "to keep everything."

Can I sue him for emotional stress or anything?

Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but nothing in your post suggests you have any valid cause of action against your husband.

an I have any legal rights to my stepdaughter

It is possible that you might be able to obtain an order allowing you visitation with your stepdaughter (just as he might be able to obtain an order allowing him visitation with your daughter).

It is possible that you might be able to obtain an order allowing you visitation with your stepdaughter (just as he might be able to obtain an order allowing him visitation with your daughter).
I agree with your post except for the portion I quoted above.
While it is very remotely possible that such an order would be made, the likelihood of such an order being made in this case is so slim as to almost make it not worth mentioning.

Back