K Visa Marriage to a Cuban Resident

Status
Not open for further replies.

JorgeCool

Hi, I have a question, I'm getting married to a Cuban Resident here in Florida. I heard there was something called "Cuban Adjustment" or in spanish "Ajuste Cubano". I want to know, what are the procedures I have to take, to get my Residence, and if its possible, a permament Residence and Job permit.

Thanks to everyone......

Jorge.

thanks......but I didnt see anything about Marriage in the US with a Non-Resident......any articles on that topic?

thanks.

thanks......but I didnt see anything about Marriage in the US with a Non-Resident......any articles on that topic?

thanks.

From my very limited knowledge of immigration law, it does not appear that "Cuban Adjustment" has anything to do with your situation. It has to do with victims of domestic violence.

But stay tuned for someone who knows about immigration law.

Yeah, I can see that......well, if anyone knows just the normal steps I have to take, please tell me.....

I'm currently in the US Legaly, I came into the Country 3 weeks ago, I have my Weeding in 1 month, and Inmigration gave me a 6 month permit to stay in the US.

Thanks for all your help.....

Yeah, I can see that......well, if anyone knows just the normal steps I have to take, please tell me.....

I'm currently in the US Legaly, I came into the Country 3 weeks ago, I have my Weeding in 1 month, and Inmigration gave me a 6 month permit to stay in the US.

Thanks for all your help.....

Sounds like the immigration folks already answered your questions.

No, immigration gave the 6 month permit just like every other persona that comes in to the US, but I need to know what should I do now that I get married.

Any ideas?

Q: No, immigration gave the 6 month permit just like every other persona that comes in to the US, but I need to know what should I do now that I get married. Any ideas?

A: Yes; talk to the immigration folks. And, also, hire an immigration lawyer.

This is not legal Advice!

You should seek legal advice here, as you are in Florida there is one that would proberbly be a little more helpfull to your situation.

Try looking on Colonial Drive, Orlando. FL.

Good Luck

Mark.

Getting an immigration lawyer for immigration problems is always good advice.

Man......it sucks.....I called 3 immigration law firms, and NONE of them would give me the smallest peace of information....they kept saying, "you have to come and pay 150 for us the answer your questions"......and not even the smallest question......how am I gonna know which lawyer to get, if they wont even tell me how much they charge unless I pay 150 for a consltation.......that really sucks my friends........

I even asked a simple question like "ok, my girlfriend can apply for Citizenship now, should i file in my request for my residence before she applys for her citizenship, or after?".....and they kept saying...."Come here, and for 150 we'll clear your doubts"......

it sucks.....isnt there a good lawyer that can give out a little information for people like me that dont even know where to start????

I would say that you are running into the exact reason why the lawyer profession constantly gets a bad rap!

Ask the immigration folks your questions.

I would say that you are running into the exact reason why the lawyer profession constantly gets a bad rap!

You mean that lawyers should not want to get paid for working?

What, exactly, do you mean?

You mean that lawyers should not want to get paid for working?

What, exactly, do you mean?

No! Of course they should want to, and are entitled to payment. I meant that I'm sure attorneys run into this a lot: people wanting some sort of small question answered without coming in and paying thier fee.

I love lawyers, I want to be one...especially if I can charge $150 an hour. :D

I love lawyers, I want to be one...especially if I can charge $150 an hour.

I want to be a plumber so I can charge $300 per hour!

This is not legal Advice!

Where are you going with this. I think $150 bucks is Cheap as Chips, if you get an hour to sit with a legal advisor and he saves you any time, money and stress and he has had to spend most of his life to learn the law to help people like you out.
Also he has had to fund his way through University and probably had more stress in one week that you would have in a lifetime worrying and sitting up all night studying and then asks you to pay a small amount for his service to help you.
Then you complain that he is too expensive, what planet were you born?
Are you under the illusion things in life are for free? Life is not free or fair, if you need to do things on the cheep get a book on immigration law.

This was not ment to upset you, i am just pointing out the facts.

Good luck

Mark.

Yes and here is a thought their professions are sum what similar, they both have to clear blocked systems of sewage!

Both dirty jobs but I suppose someone has to do them.

Well.....I wasnt born in another planet.......I also went through lots of years of training and study to be a 3D Animation and Video Editing guy, but when people call me, and start asking questions, I talked to them, if I get the job, cool, but if i dont, that's just how the business is......picking up a call, and giving information is part of customer service....

But anyway, the reason im saying all of this, is that i thought this forums were made for this kind of questions.....u know, little questions.....Im not trying to get my whole case solved here.......it was just a small question, thats why i entered the Immigration section, and posted my question......thats all......just like Video editing Forums....people study for years....but still, they share information........its just what people do, help one another.......

Well.....thanks for all the info to everyone.....

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back