Marines + Roomate = Disaster for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inidie

Hello,

We are 3 people living together in a townhouse in CA. Recently, one of our roomates has started to stir trouble. Her rent cheque has bounced numerous times and I have covered for her thinking its her financial situation that she is unable to produce the rent. She now owes me rent for the month of May and has been lagging in producing it. Thats one of the problems. Another issue is that she has house guests almost every other weekend, and its not as if there is a single person, its usually 5-10 marines. They usually get drunk and makes a mess of our place. They have damaged walls, bathrooms and the garden. We have asked this particular roommate to pay and repair the damages. With no results for almost a year, I and my other roommate decided to take care of it, as we do not wasnt to lose our deposit money. We have also asked that she doesnt invite so many people, as we get disturbed by it, but she hasnt complied. They have lost the mail/pool keys and she didnt take any responsibility to replace it, which I had to take care of ultimately. Today, however, I cannot handle the irresponsiblity anymore. Im currently on vacation, and today I get to hear that she and her marine pals, broke into my room. I had locked my room prior leaving for the roommate had a nasty habit of making people sleep over in our rooms. They broke the lock, broke the door and entered my room and my underwear was put on display. So my question is...
a. Can I hold her responsible for the break in and charge her with criminal offense?
b. Can I evict her and get her name off the lease?

Any help at this point would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back