Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Maranda Rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiles

I was arrested on 2 counts of selling a dangerous drug, (oxy), 2nd degree felony...One at 1gm the other .05gm...
Would I have had to had my rights read to me? I went to jail, was asked NOTHING, just bonded out. Then I went to court, watched a film where the judge told the courtroom the procedures of the room. I was given a piece of paper, filled out my name and such and told to go home and hope for the best. Got another letter, in person, saying go to court on blah blah. Went to court saw the same movie this time I go to the Public defenders and again, told to come back on such and such a date....This entire time I have spoke to no one and Again I hope it matters, my rights were not read to me.

Last edited:
ROFLMAO You are only entitled to suppress evidence gathered from your questioning after you are in custody and Miranda was read. They did not ask you crap ,so had no reason to give you Miranda.

Agreed. If they never questioned you then Miranda was not required.
If they caught you in possession of the drugs and they were packaged for sale or other circumstances support your intent to sell, then they probably have a fairly solid case in which it doesn't matter much what you would have to say.
I arrest people all the time without Miranda. Many can't help themselves and blab without having to be asked anything.
Let your lawyer try to minimize the damage, but the lack of Miranda won't save you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back