Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Marajauna

A

Anotherstatistic

Jurisdiction
Iowa
My wife and I just separated from the military after 15 years. We bought a our first home in Clinton Iowa. Small river side home with a detached garage. I work as an industrial engineer and my wife is a full time student. My wife was out of state visiting family and I was a few blocks away from home when I had a garage fire. It was an electrical fire. The police came into my to clear it out for safety reasons. I believe that was a wise decision. The house was only about 30ft from the garage and there was a little bit of damage to the siding. Unfortunately for me I had 3 marijauna plants in the basement. My home was built in the 1850s and the basement is obviously not habitable. You would realize this the second you opened the basement door. I believe they illegally searched my house because it smelled like pot (I smoked 30 minutes prior) and there was perafanilia in visible sight after entering the house. It was obvious after receiving a search warrant that they already knew where my "stash" was. For lack of a better term was. They confiscated pipes and whatnot, 3 small plants, and roughly 7.5 grams of cannabis. They also took my growing lights and an old cut up tent. My wife was charged with 4 class D felony and a misdemeanor. I'm expecting the same.

I don't see anything illegal done by the police. Your wife needs a lawyer & if you are charged, you also.

I believe they illegally searched my house because it smelled like pot (I smoked 30 minutes prior) and there was perafanilia in visible sight after entering the house.

You're delusional if you think the ensuing search was illegal.

My wife was charged with 4 class D felony and a misdemeanor. I'm expecting the same.

Get yourselves a good criminal defense lawyer.

Back